Crème de Menthe Brownies
Makes 24. Recipe is provided by Amy Whitley, who got it from a friend.
1 box Duncan Hines Double or Fudgy Brownies
½ cup unsalted butter, divided
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons crème de menthe
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1. Line a 13-inch-by-9-inch pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with nonstick vegetable spray.
2. Prepare and bake brownies according to box directions. Cool completely.
3. Cream ¼ cup butter, gradually add powdered sugar, and crème de Menthe. Mix well until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled brownies. Chill 1 hour.
4. Combine semisweet chocolate chips and remaining ¼ cup butter in measuring cup. Melt in microwave and stir until smooth. (Set for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat as necessary.) Pour over crème de menthe layer.
5. Chill again (or freeze) for at least an hour before cutting into small squares.