Veggie and Sweet Pea Potato Salad
Serves 8-10. Recipe is by Corinne Cook.
6 large red or white potatoes (about 2½ pounds)
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons white or mild white vinegar
Pinch of sugar, salt and black pepper
6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 cup small, frozen sweet peas, thawed, uncooked
½ bell pepper, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
6 to 8 green onions, tops and bottoms, chopped
3 ribs celery, chopped
½ cup mayonnaise
1?3 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
Pinch of salt and black pepper or to taste
Pinch of cayenne, if desired
1. Boil potatoes in large pot of water until tender, about 30-35 minutes. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
2. While potatoes are cooling, place olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in small jar and shake until well blended. Set aside.
3. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into bite-size pieces; place in large mixing bowl.
4. Shake oil and vinegar mixture and drizzle over diced potatoes to lightly coat. Gently toss then set aside for 15 minutes.
5. Add chopped eggs, peas, bell pepper, parsley, green onions and celery.
6. In separate small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream and mustard together with salt, black pepper and pinch of cayenne if desired. Toss mayonnaise mixture with potato and vegetable mixture. Taste for seasoning and correct if necessary. Refrigerate.