Parmigiano Reggiano-Spinach Puffs
Makes about 3 dozen. Recipe is from Legends From Europe and Family Features Syndicate.
4 cups baby spinach (6 ozs.) cooked, cooled
¾ cup flour
½ tsp. salt
1?8 tsp. cayenne pepper
¾ cup milk
5 tbls. butter
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1½ cups (6 ozs.) coarsely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Wrap spinach in towel, squeeze until dry; chop fine
4. In small bowl, mix flour, salt and cayenne. Set aside.
5. In medium saucepan, bring milk and butter to a boil. Remove from heat and add flour mixture; with a wooden spoon, beat until it thickens and pulls away from sides, about 1 minute.
6. Add egg 1 at a time, beating well until incorporated. Stir in spinach and cheese. Drop rounded spoonfuls onto prepared baking whets, spacing 1 inch apart. Bake until golden about 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Serve warm. Puffs can be held at room temperature up to 1 day or frozen. Reheat frozen puffs in a 400-degree oven for 3 to 5 minutes.