Chicken in Mushroom Cream Sauce
Yields 4 to 6 servings. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon sage
4 chicken leg quarters, separated
¼ cup unsalted butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, chopped
½ cup chicken stock
½ cup cream
1. Heat oven to 375 F.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the salt, pepper and sage.
3. Pat the chicken leg quarter pieces dry with paper towels. Rub each piece with seasoning mix.
4. Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven or skillet. Sauté garlic until fragrant.
5. Add the chicken to the pot. Sprinkle half of the flour over the top. Cook 3 minutes.
6. Turn the chicken and sprinkle the remaining flour on top and cook an additional 3 minutes.
7. Add the mushrooms on top. Pour in the stock and cream.
8. Cover and cook 10 minutes in the oven or until the chicken reaches 165 F when tested with a meat thermometer.
9. Serve warm with the mushroom sauce.
Curry Chicken Salad for One
Makes 1 cup salad. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
½ teaspoon curry
⅛ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
⅛ teaspoon ginger
⅛ teaspoon turmeric
1 cup chicken, chopped
1 bunch green onion
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, curry, salt, pepper, ginger and turmeric.
2. Add to the chicken and green onion; stir to coat.
3. Chill for at least one hour before serving with crackers or bread.
Balsamic Basil Chicken
Yields 4 servings. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup chicken stock
¼ cup brown sugar, packed
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, stock and brown sugar.
2. Season the chicken with dried basil, salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
3. Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker.
4. Pour the balsamic mixture around the chicken.
5. Cover and cook 3-4 hours on low. Serve immediately.