Rosemary Lamb Chops with Blueberry Reduction
Makes 2 servings. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 lamb chops
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
For Blueberry Reduction:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 cup blueberries
¼ cup water
Juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
Pinch of nutmeg
1 tablespoon butter
1. In a heavy skillet or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
2. Season the chops with rosemary, salt and pepper.
3. Cook the chops 3 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
4. For the sauce, in a small saucepan, bring the oil, vinegar, blueberries, water and lemon juice to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to simmer and stir in sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Simmer 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
6. Stir in butter and drizzle over pork chops. Serve immediately.