Registration is open for a bread fundamentals course at the Louisiana Culinary Institute in Baton Rouge starting Feb. 27 and running through March 27.
Classes will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at the institute, 10550 Airline Highway. The cost is $500.
ACF certified chefs will teach the principles and properties of bread production and processes. Experiments and discussions will teach:
- Ingredient functions in bread production
- Mixing methods in bread production
- The steps in the baking process
- Production of basic lean and quick dough products
- Use of the types and care of bakeshop equipment
The school will provide all of the necessary items including food, the facility, products, equipment, bakeshop, LCI apron, towel, pen, measurement card and recipe booklet.
This class will offer a certificate of completion after a mini practical and could be used as credit into LCI’s Baking and Pastry Program.
Students must be age 16 or older.
For more information or to register, visit https://www.lci.edu/.