Lamb Sliders with Mint Pecan Pesto
Makes 4 sliders. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
1 pound ground lamb
1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup feta cheese
4 small rolls
For Mint Pecan Pesto:
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons pecan halves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Season the lamb with the herbs, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper, mixing it by hand until evenly seasoned.
2. Divide the meat into four small balls then shape each ball into a thick patty. Press thumb into the center of each just slightly.
3. Brush the grill or flattop griddle with olive oil.
4. Cook the sliders 3 minutes on each side then cook another 2 or 3 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Melt a few crumbles of feta on top.
5. For the pesto, puree the mint leaves and pecans in a food processor. While processing, pour in the olive oil until it’s emulsified, or evenly mixed, and the pesto becomes a loose paste.
6. Assemble the sliders, topping each with mint pesto, and serve warm.