Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Makes 4-6 servings. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons pesto
½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
12 ounces cooked pasta
1. In a 6- to 8-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
3. Stir in cream and pesto. Bring to a simmer.
4. Add sun-dried tomatoes and shrimp. Return to simmer.
5. Stir in salt, black pepper, oregano and thyme. Simmer for 8 minutes or until shrimp are just turning pink and sauce begins to thicken slightly.
6. Gently fold in cheese until melted.
7. Spoon shrimp and sauce over pasta and serve.
Basic Basil Pesto
Makes 1½ cups pesto. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
1 cup basil leaves
1 tablespoon chopped pine nuts
1 clove garlic
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Combine basil, pine nuts and garlic in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
2. Add salt and pepper. Pulse until coarsely ground.
3. While processor is running, pour in olive oil until emulsified, or evenly incorporated.
4. Can be stored in refrigerator for up to two weeks.