Grilled Chop with Rub
Yields enough rub for 6-8 chops. Rub is by Teresa B. Day.
½ cup brown sugar
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
1 teaspoon dried basil
8 pork chops, thick
1. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Mix sugar, salt, pepper, garlic, paprika and basil in a small bowl. Rub all over the chops until evenly coated.
3. Place chops on the grill and cook 6 to 7 minutes on each side. A thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chop (away from the bone) should read 145 F.
4. Allow chops to rest for about 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Serve warm.
Herbed Compound Butter
Yields ½ pound butter. Recipe is by Teresa B. Day.
2 sticks unsalted butter
5 leaves fresh basil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 lemon’s zest
1. Allow butter to come to room temperature but not too soft.
2. Strip the leaves from the stems of the herbs.
3. Place the butter, basil, lemon juice and zest in a food processor.
4. Blend until combined.
5. Spoon the butter onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Roll up the butter and store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to use. Spread on grilled vegetables or use in sautés.