Makes 8-12 servings. Recipe is by Teresa Day.
½ cup butter
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups cauliflower, coarsely chopped
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
8 ounces Gouda cheese (about 4 cups shredded), reserve a little for garnish
1. In a heavy stock pot or Dutch oven, sauté onions and garlic in butter over medium-high heat about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in cauliflower. Add water and salt. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook covered for 12-20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
3. Turn off the heat. Puree the cauliflower with an immersion blender in the pot or transfer to a blender to puree until it has an even consistency.
4. Return soup to a simmer over medium heat. Season with pepper and nutmeg.
5. Stir in cheese until melted.
6. Serve warm topped with additional cheese.
Makes 1 serving. Recipe is by Teresa Day.
6 ounces hot water
1 Earl Grey tea bag
3 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon honey
⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Heat water to near boiling.
2. Steep one tea bag in the hot water for 3-5 minutes.
3. Stir in orange juice, honey and cinnamon.
4. Enjoy warm or cold. Reheat if desired.