- WHAT: Baton Rouge Chapter Scleroderma Support Group meeting
- WHEN: 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 13
- WHERE: Suite C1 in The Settlement shopping center, 7809 Jefferson Highway, Baton Rouge
- INFORMATION: Del Anselmo at (225) 756-2452 or (225) 324-3666
- WHAT: Diabetes Education & Awareness Group meeting
- WHEN: 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 13
- WHERE: Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, main hospital’s first-floor auditorium, 5000 Hennessy Blvd., Baton Rouge
- ADMISSION: Free. Registration not required.
- INFORMATION: (225) 765-8020
- DETAILS: Registered dietician Mary Bowman, of the OLOL Diabetes & Nutrition Center, will speak on “Splurging the Right Way.” Hosted by OLOL Diabetes & Nutrition Center.
- WHAT: Free HIV testing
- WHEN: 4-6 p.m. every Wednesday
- WHERE: Baton Rouge AIDS Society, 4560 North Blvd., Suite 120, Baton Rouge
- INFORMATION: (225) 923-2437
- WHAT: Senior Resource Fair
- WHEN: 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Oct. 17
- WHERE: St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 8833 Goodwood Blvd., Baton Rouge
- DETAILS: Various agencies that specifically help seniors and their families will be on hand. Flu and pneumonia vaccines will be offered. Services are free, an offering of St. Luke’s Health Ministries.