- WHAT: Enjoy a walk and play bingo.
WHEN: 10:15 A.M. THURSDAY, DEC. 11. REGISTRATION STARTS AT 10 A.M.
WHERE: BREC NORTH SHERWOOD FOREST, 3140 NORTH SHERWOOD DRIVE, BATON ROUGE
REGISTER: (866) 220-0418 OR AT MYHEALTH.PEOPLEHEALTH.COM
DETAILS: FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
SANTA FUN RUN
- WHAT: Dress up in your Santa suit and join the fun run
WHEN: 5 P.M. SATURDAY, DEC. 13 (JUST BEFORE THE CORTANA KIWANIS CLUB CHRISTMAS PARADE AT 5:30 P.M.)
- WHERE: Downtown Baton Rouge
- REGISTRATION/INFO: theoakskiwanis.org
- WHAT: Narconon is available to help those struggling with drug addiction. The Narconon program is a nonprofit public benefit organization dedicated to eliminating drug abuse through drug prevention, education and rehabilitation. The Narconon network consists of more than 120 rehabilitation and drug prevention centers around the world.
- INFORMATION: For a free brochure on the signs of addiction for all drugs or free screenings and referrals, call (800) 431-1754 or visit DrugAbuseSolution.com.
- WHAT: HIV and syphilis testing
- WHEN & WHERE: Dr. Leo S. Butler Community Center, 950 E. Washington St., offers HIV testing from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays and syphilis testing from 2-4 p.m. on Wednesdays; Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center, 4000 Gus Young Ave., offers testing from 9 a.m. to noon on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesdays and from 8:30 a.m. to noon on Fridays; Delmont Service Center, 3535 Riley St., offers testing from 2-4 p.m. every third Wednesday; and EKL Mid-City, North Foster at Gus Young Avenue, offers testing from 9-11 a.m. and 4-7 p.m. on Tuesdays.
- DETAILS: Tests are free, anonymous and confidential.