BREAST CANCER SESSION
- WHAT: Think Pink: An Overview of Breast Cancer
- WHEN: Noon, Friday, Oct. 2. Registration starts at 11 a.m.
- WHERE: Greenwell Springs Road Regional Branch Library, Meeting Room, 11300 Greenwell Springs Road, Baton Rouge
- RESERVATIONS: Deadline to register is Oct. 1. Call (800) 561-4127 or peopleshealth.com/wellness
- DETAILS: Dr. R. Kim Meiners will speak. This event is free and open to the public. Presented by Peoples Health.
MINI HEALTH FAIR
- WHAT: Lafayette Community Health Care Clinic’s Mini Health Fair hosted by University of Louisiana at Lafayette nursing students.
- WHEN: 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 6
- WHERE:. LCHCC, 1317 Jefferson St., Lafayette
- DETAILS: Students will perform diabetic foot exams, glucose finger sticks, hearing and vision screenings, sleep apnea screening and blood pressure, pulse and oxygen saturation measuring. The students will also give educational seminars on nutrition, fitness and a healthy lifestyle. The mini health fair is free and open to the public.
- WHAT: The Jungle Gardens at Avery Island’s second annual Jungle Gardens 5K, Trail Run, Stroll and 1-mile Fun Run
- WHEN: 8 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 7
- WHERE: Jungle Gardens, La. 329, Avery Island
- REGISTRATION/INFO: JungleGardens5K.com or Darrin Roddy or Brooke Hebert at (337) 993-9377, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- DETAILS: The running event will be immediately followed by food, entertainment and awards. All entrants will have a full-day pass to explore the gardens and enjoy the area. The race will include a new 4.5 mile trail run, as well as a stroll for those who would just like to walk the course and enjoy the scenery. The event is sponsored by Fire & Safety Specialists and organized by Team FSS St. Jude. Team FSS will donate all proceeds to St. Jude Children’s Hospital.