The sun is shining longer every day, telling you it’s time to get ready for vacations, activities with family and friends and, of course, swimsuit season. Here’s some simple fitness tips you can follow to look and feel good this summer season:
- Stay hydrated. Drinking water helps flush your system, and, as a
bonus, it keeps you from feeling bloated.
- Swimwear, shorts and dresses show off your legs, so be sure to
target that area. Do squats and lunges to help tone the thighs
and glute area.
- Eat plenty of fiber. Remember you can get fiber from many
different foods, including delicious summer fruits such as
raspberries, blueberries and strawberries!
- Wear the right footwear. You don’t want your workout routine
halted by injuries or soreness in your feet or legs.
- Add weights to your workout routine. They don’t have to be
heavy to help trim and tone your muscles.
- Keep up the workout, even while on vacation. Add a little variety
to the routine with yoga or a jog along the beach. Time your
workouts in the morning so you can enjoy the rest of your day.
- As always, be sure to exercise responsibly and consult with a
fitness expert to ensure you use proper form.