- WHAT: Diabetes Education & Awareness Group’s Christmas celebration
- WHEN: 6 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 8
- WHERE: Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, first-floor auditorium main hospital,
- COST: Free
- INFORMATION: (225) 765-8020 (no registration required)
- DETAILS: Hors d’oeuvres will be served. Hosted by the OLOL Diabetes & Nutrition Center staff.
HOLIDAY HEALTH FAIR
- WHAT: Fair hosted by Kenilworth Science and Technology School, Amerigroup Louisiana and 100 Black Men of Metro Baton Rouge
- WHEN: 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 9
- WHERE: Kenilworth School, 7600 Boone Ave.
- COST: Free
- INFORMATION: www.kenilworthschool.org
DETAILS: THERE WILL BE GAMES, QUIZZES, PRIZES, FREE BLOOD PRESSURE AND BLOOD GLUCOSE SCREENINGS.
- WHAT: Overcoming Depression
- WHEN: Noon Monday, Dec. 14. Registration starts at 11 a.m.
- WHERE: Baton Rouge General Physicians-Family Health Center, Gehringer Conference Room, Second Floor, 3801 North Blvd., Baton Rouge
- RESERVATIONS: 1-800-561-4127 or peopleshealth.com/wellness. Reservation deadline is Sunday, Dec. 13.
- DETAILS: Dr. Brian P. Schulte will speak. This Peoples Health event is free and open to the public.
- WHAT: Meeting of HopeKeepers of Baton Rouge support group
- WHEN: 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 12
- WHERE: St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church, 12663 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge
- INFORMATION: hopekeepersbr/wordpress.com or (225) 337-1633
- DETAILS: This nondenominational group is for anyone affected by chronic illness or pain, physical or emotional, visible or invisible.