A 22-year-old Baton Rouge man — already charged in a 2007 slaying — was indicted on another second-degree murder charge Wednesday in the July 18 killing of a man on Cezanne Avenue.

Justin Jamar Davis, 6776 Cezanne Ave., is accused of fatally shooting Alton Fields in the 6700 block of Cezanne. Fields, 33, also lived on that block.

Four years ago, an East Baton Rouge Parish grand jury indicted Davis in the fatal August 2007 shooting of 21-year-old Terrance Antoine in a North Donmoor parking lot.

Davis has not been tried in that case and was out on bond at the time of the Fields killing.

At the time of his death, Fields had been accused — but not charged — in the slaying of two people in the summer of 2010.

Fields was arrested in October 2010 in the Aug. 29, 2010, double homicide of a mother and a man who stopped for a visit at the woman’s North Lobdell Boulevard apartment, authorities have said.

Nicole Badger, 37, and Roderick Guillory, 26, both died after they were ordered to lie on the floor and then were shot in the head at close range, police said at the time of the shootings.

A grand jury met in February and refused to indict Fields in the killings, East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore III has said. Fields was released from prison on March 3.

Davis’ latest murder case has been assigned to state District Judge Richard Anderson. State District Judge Chip Moore is presiding over the 2007 murder case involving Davis.

A second-degree murder conviction carries an automatic sentence of life in prison.