The prosecution and defense teams rested their cases Thursday at the first-degree murder trial of Michael “Marlo Mike” Louding after a computer expert testified Louding’s cellphone moved from the vicinity of Baton Rouge rapper Torence “Lil Boosie” Hatch’s home to the area where Terry Boyd was shot to death, then back to Hatch’s neighborhood the night Boyd died in 2009.

Louding’s attorney, Margaret Lagattuta, did not call any witnesses.

State District Judge Trudy White scheduled closing arguments for 10 a.m. Friday, followed by her jury instructions and then jury deliberations.

If the 20-year-old Louding, of Baton Rouge, is convicted of first-degree murder in Boyd’s slaying, he would face a maximum possible sentence of life in prison. He is not eligible for the death penalty because he was 17 at the time of the killing.

Computer forensics expert Konstantinos Dimitrelos, the prosecution’s final witness, said more than a dozen calls were placed from Louding’s cellphone between 11:22 p.m. on Oct. 20, 2009, and 12:56 a.m. on Oct. 21, 2009. Boyd was killed at 12:42 a.m. on Oct. 21, 2009, at a home on Vermillion Drive.

Dimitrelos testified Louding’s phone began moving away from Hatch’s then-residence on Pompey Drive at 12:19 a.m.; was in the area of the murder scene at 12:27 a.m.; started moving back to the Pompey Drive area at 12:47 a.m.; and arrived at or near Hatch’s residence by 12:56 a.m.

East Baton Rouge Parish Assistant District Attorney Dana Cummings argued Monday to the jury in her opening statement that Hatch paid Louding $2,800 to kill Boyd, 35.

A jury acquitted Hatch, 30, in May on a first-degree murder charge in Boyd’s death.

He remains imprisoned on drug charges. Louding testified at Hatch’s trial that neither he nor Hatch had anything to do with Boyd’s killing. Cummings contends Louding lied to that jury.

Louding also is charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of local up-and-coming rapper Chris “Nussie” Jackson on Feb. 9, 2009; Marcus “Gangsta” Thomas on April 25, 2009; and Charles “Nokie” Matthews and Darryl “Bleek” Milton on April 1, 2010. Louding is charged with second-degree murder in the killing of Michael Smith on Dec. 18, 2009.

During Louding’s trial, Cummings presented “other crimes evidence” in an effort to also link Louding to the killings of Jackson, Thomas, Matthews and Milton, and the attempted murder of Malaeka Hulbert on Feb. 22, 2010. Hulbert is Matthews’ wife.

Hulbert testified Thursday that she was shot inside her Tioga Drive home several weeks before her husband was killed.

Hulbert said she and Matthews were sitting in the kitchen of their home the night of Feb. 22, 2010, when shots were fired through the kitchen window. Hulbert was shot in the arm. Matthews was not harmed. The couple’s three young children were not harmed.

Several weeks later, Matthews and Darryl “Bleek” Milton were shot to death inside a car on Monte Sano Avenue.

Louding told police detectives in videotaped statements played for the jury earlier this week that he and another man fired shots into the Tioga residence on Feb. 22, 2010. Louding also told the detectives he drove several people to and from Monte Sano on April 1, 2010, but he did not fire any shots.

In his statements, Louding confessed to killing Boyd and Jackson, and said Hatch ordered and paid for both hits.

Louding also admitted to firing shots at Thomas. He described himself as the getaway driver in the slaying of Matthews and Milton.