Fire damaged a house on Chippewa Street Wednesday after firefighters had to pry open burglar bars on a door to get inside the burning house.

No one was injured in the fire at 3123 Chippewa Street that was likely caused by a pot left unattended on a stove, said Mark Miles, a Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesman.

Firefighters received the call at 5:21 a.m. and had the blaze under control by 6:05 a.m., Miles said.

The house was heavily damaged by fire and smoke, Miles said, with the damage estimated at $80,000.