- GRACE & VIOLENCE IN THE STORIES OF FLANNERY O’CONNOR: 6:30 p.m., Fairwood Branch Library, 12910 Old Hammond Highway. The Rev. John Blewitt, of Faith Presbyterian Church, will lead a discussion on Flannery O’Connor.
- ONE BOOK ONE COMMUNITY DISCUSSION: 4 p.m., Bluebonnet Regional Library, 9200 Bluebonnet Blvd. Enjoy beignets and cafe au lait and discuss “A Confederacy of Dunces.” Registration is required and limited to 20. (225) 763-2250.
- AUTHOR JAMES GRISSOM BOOKSIGNING: 7 p.m., Barnes & Noble CitiPlace, 2590 CitiPlace Court. LSU alumni James Grissom will sign and discuss his new book “Follies Of God: Tennessee Williams and the Women of The Fog.”
- DUCK & GOOSE COLORS SPECIAL STORYTIME: 11 a.m., Barnes & Noble CitiPlace, 2590 CitiPlace Court. Featuring “Duck & Goose.”
- 4TH ANNUAL AUTHORS IN KIND LITERARY LUNCHEON: 11:30 a.m., Loyola University New Orleans, 6363 St Charles Ave. Guest authors gather for an intimate reception, career discussion and book signing. Authors include Ronald J. Drez, “The War of 1812: Conflict and Deception”; Andi Eaton, “New Orleans Style”; Laura D. Kelley, “The Irish in New Orleans”; Zachary Lazar, “I Pity the Poor Immigrant”; Tina Freeman and Morgan Molthrop, “Artist Spaces New Orleans.” Tickets $100-$1,000.
- BOOK RELEASE PARTY: 3 p.m., Maple Leaf Bar, 8316 Oak St. Please join Instar Books in celebrating the official release of UNO MFA student Clare Louise Harmon’s debut poetry collection, “The Thingbody: An Illuminated Verse Memoir.”