Firefighters battled a large blaze for several hours early Wednesday at a Mammoth Avenue business that makes custom windows and doors.

A building at United Millwork, 9912 Mammoth Ave., caught fire shortly before 2 a.m., said Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesman Mark Miles. Responding firefighters found flames going through the roof and called for a second alarm.

No injuries were reported, but firefighters were pulled out of the building for safety concerns after the roof became compromised, Miles said.

They got fire under control at 5 a.m.

The fire was caused by a malfunction in the building's electrical panel, Miles said. The building is a total loss.