A 22-year-old Baton Rouge woman who spent two months in jail won’t face charges in the May 2 kidnapping of a 2-year-old whose mother was found shot to death two days later, East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore III said Friday.

Daaria Thomas will not face prosecution in the kidnapping of A’Kyleana Louise Latham or in the killing of 24-year-old Taylor Latham, Moore said.

But an East Baton Rouge Parish grand jury will consider second-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping charges against her former boyfriend, Curtis King, in September, he said.

King, 24, also of Baton Rouge, was booked June 17 on a second-degree murder count in Taylor Latham’s killing.

King and Thomas, who was King’s live-in girlfriend at the time, were arrested May 7 in A’Kyleana’s kidnapping from her Louisiana Avenue home May 2. They were accused of taking the child to King’s South Harrell’s Ferry Drive apartment and keeping her for three days.

Taylor Latham was found fatally shot inside a car May 4 near her Louisiana Avenue home. Police have said she was murdered about the time her daughter was kidnapped.

Moore said Friday the evidence reviewed by his office, in consultation with detectives, indicates Thomas’ only role in the matter was dropping the child off May 5 at The Women’s Help Center on Scenic Highway.

“She did absolutely nothing wrong,” Gretna lawyer Jim Williams, who represents Thomas, said Friday. “I can’t believe they ever charged her. The only mistake was being with that guy — her very ex-boyfriend.”

Thomas was released from East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on Thursday, the same day Moore’s office decided not to prosecute her.

Williams said Thomas is home now and is “totally cooperating with police and the District Attorney’s Office.”

Police have said King and Latham, who had moved to Baton Rouge from Texas with her daughter, had been recently involved in an off-and-on relationship.

King’s legal troubles aren’t confined to the Latham case. In March 2014, a parish grand jury declined to indict him on a second-degree murder charge in the 2013 death of his 6-month-old son but did charge him with second-degree cruelty to a juvenile and possession with intent to distribute marijuana.

He is awaiting trial on those charges. A Coroner’s Office probe found Aiden King’s primary cause of death was an inability to breathe in an oversized bed.