The mother of Shawn Jones, the man police say who shot and killed Raymond Levie in T.J. Ribs on Friday, accused Levie of stalking her daughter and abusing his position at the Coroner’s Office, according to a petition for a temporary restraining order.

Renee Jones filed the temporary restraining order against Levie, 50, the boyfriend of her 21-year-old daughter Candace Jones, on Dec. 29.

Renee Jones claimed in legal documents she feared Levie was taking control of her daughter, who has a history of mental illness.

But Levie’s friends said Sunday the mother simply objected to the nearly 30-year age difference and wanted Levie out of the picture.

It was not clear Sunday when Candace Jones’ brother, Shawn Jones, became involved. He is not mentioned in any of the court documents.

On Friday, Shawn Jones, 27, shot Levie in the dining room of T.J. Ribs on Acadian Thruway after the two men began arguing while eating dinner, police said. Shawn Jones then shot and killed himself, authorities said.

Renee Jones refused to publicly comment Sunday. Candace Jones could not be reached by telephone or in person Sunday.

Candace Jones was in a hospital for a mental evaluation at the time her mother filed the order, according to court documents.

Renee Jones claimed Levie was controlling Candace Jones with prescription drugs and using his position at the East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner’s Office to stalk her while she received treatment for mental illness, according to an affidavit attached to the petition.

Renee Jones told authorities that her daughter lived with Levie. Renee Jones said she feared that “he has obtained full control of her,” according to the document.

Authorities who admitted Candace Jones into the hospital for mental evaluation in December noted Levie arrived minutes after she was admitted and tried to gain access to her room, according to the affidavit.

Levie was in the waiting room “wearing a Coroner’s shirt and displaying a Coroner’s Office badge. Levie acknowledged that he was attempting to make contact with Candace and knew that wearing the above uniform would assist him,” the affidavit says.

Officers told Levie not to try to see Candace Jones or use his position at the Coroner’s Office to find out information about her, the affidavit says.

But Levie called the hospital eight times that night, causing the hospital staff to transfer Candace Jones to a hospital outside of East Baton Rouge Parish, the affidavit says.

Levie was able to locate Candace Jones at the new hospital, the affidavit says.

Levie filed an emergency motion to dismiss the order, which was granted Jan. 5, court documents show.

Victoria Levie, Levie’s ex-wife, said Sunday that Candace Jones testified on Raymond Levie’s behalf at the hearing.

“She had a doctor’s letter that said she was of sound state of mind, and that Raymond had never abused her or hurt her and she loved him,” Victoria Levie said.

A colleague of Raymond Levie said Sunday that the restraining order was unfounded.

“The mother just did not want the girl with him,” said Don Moreau, chief of operations for the Coroner’s Office. “This was an issue between the mother and Raymond of her trying to hurt him and file charges against him.”

Moreau said he did not take any disciplinary action against Levie because he was cleared of the accusations by the judge.

“There is no proof of or truth to the claim that he abused his position at the Coroner’s Office,” Moreau said. “Raymond was listed as Candace’s correspondent for medical care. He was allowed to visit her.”

The Coroner’s Office is responsible for evaluating and assessing treatment for some people with mental illness and chemical dependency issues.

Victoria Levie said her ex-husband did not handle cases involving the mentally ill and did not meet Candace Jones through any aspect of his job.

Victoria Levie said she warned him that being in such a tumultuous relationship with a woman nearly 30 years younger than him would damage his reputation and end badly, but “he never listened to anyone a day in his life.”

“He was really flattered that she loved him,” Victoria Levie said. “He would ask me, ‘Why does this beautiful, young girl like me?’ ”

She said Raymond Levie always had service jobs that allowed him to help people, and loved his job as chief investigator at the Coroner’s Office .

“People would ask him, ‘How do you work with dead people?’ and he would say, ‘I work with the families of the dead. I’m there for them,’ ” she said.

Raymond Levie had two children, a 15-year-old son and 11-year-old daughter.

“He was more of my best friend than my dad,” said his son, Andrew Levie. “The last thing I told him was, ‘I love you, and you’re the best dad ever.’ ”