HUSSER — A man died Saturday in a residential fire at 24465 Singing Waterfall Road in the Tangipahoa Parish community of Husser, Fire Marshal Butch Browning said in a news release.

The man’s identity was not immediately released.

The Husser Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched at 6:30 a.m. to the home, which is in a rural, rarely traveled area, Browning said.

When firefighters arrived, they discovered the house had caught fire and burned overnight and was nearly destroyed, Browning said.

Firefighters found the man’s body in the charred wreckage of the house, Browning said.

They believe the fire started around midnight.

Space heaters were being used to heat the home and could have caused the fire, Browning said.

There were no working smoke alarms in the home, Browning said.