An extortion charge against Mayor-President Kip Holden’s sister was dismissed Tuesday after a prosecutor told a state judge the victim did not wish to pursue the matter.

Evelyn Holden, 54, was accused of trying to extort money from a married man with whom she reportedly had a lengthy affair.

“I am doing better. I’m working. Trying to get my life together,’’ Holden said Tuesday outside state District Judge Mike Erwin’s courtroom.

East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested Holden on Dec. 29, 2009 — a little more than a month after she pleaded guilty in federal court to taking part in a conspiracy to fix criminal and traffic cases in Baton Rouge City Court.

Holden was sentenced in the federal case in August to three years of probation.

She was charged in the state court case with one count of extortion and one count of intimidating, impeding or injuring witnesses. Those charges were dismissed Tuesday.

“It is my understanding that the victim does not wish to proceed,’’ prosecutor Charles Grey told Erwin.

Grey said Holden is to have no contact with the victim. The prosecutor also told the judge he had received Holden’s letter of apology to the victim.

Holden’s attorney, James Rothkamm, said after court that Holden is “apologetic for all the trouble she’s caused.’’

Holden allegedly threatened to expose her six-year extramarital affair with a Baton Rouge man unless he paid her an undetermined amount of cash, an affidavit of probable cause states.

Holden also allegedly cursed and threatened the man who reported her alleged attempt to extort money from him, prosecutors said previously in court.

In the federal court case, Holden admitted taking part in a case-fixing scheme while working in the property records section of the East Baton Rouge Parish Clerk of Court’s Office.

She resigned that post.

Holden admitted plotting with former senior City Court prosecutor Flitcher Bell and others to fix criminal and traffic matters in City Court.

Bell resigned and pleaded guilty to conspiracy and bribery charges. He was sentenced to three years in federal prison in August.

Bell, Holden and eight other people pleaded guilty to charges in the federal probe dubbed Operation Illegal Motion.