Calling all Facebook users...
By now you might -- or might not -- have heard that Facebook has made considerable changes to the content you see in your "news feed."
A couple of weeks ago, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced, in a nutshell, that Facebook users will begin seeing more posts from their friends, family and groups and fewer posts from businesses and publishers, like The Advocate.
Readers have come to depend on timely posts from The Advocate throughout the day on Facebook. And we want users to easily find coverage that impacts their daily lives. That's why we're here -- to serve our readers and advertisers, who believe as we do that outstanding news coverage is vital to building informed and prosperous communities.
To keep easily finding The Advocate's content in your news feed, try these steps
On Facebook's app
1) Open your app and tap on the three horizontal lines menu bottom (in the bottom right-hand corner on iOS devices and top right on Android).
2) Scroll down and tap 'Settings.' (Android users can skip to the next step.)
3) You should see an option that says 'News Feed Preferences.'
4) You'll see an option that says 'Prioritize who to see first.' Tap that.
5) Next you'll find a list of pages you 'like.' Go through the list and select any pages you'd like to see at the top of your news feed consistently. The pages you choose will have a blue star appear on them.
6) Hit 'done' in the top-right corner (for iOS users; Android users can just use the back button).
7) You're done! The content from the pages you selected will appear at the top of your news feed automatically.
Can't see video below? Click here.
On a desktop or laptop computer
1) After you log into your Facebook account, look for 'News Feed' in the top-left portion of your screen. Click the three dots next to it.
2) You'll see a menu pop out. Click 'Edit Preferences.'
3) That'll bring up a pop-up screen where you can click 'Prioritize who to see first.'
4) Go through the list and select any pages you'd like to see at the top of your news feed consistently. The pages you choose will have a blue star appear on them.
5) Click 'done' in the bottom-right corner to save changes.
6) You're done! The content from the pages you selected will appear at the top of your news feed automatically.
There are other ways to follow our coverage as well
SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTERS
We offer many newsletters for which you can sign up and have delivered to your email inbox of choice. Topics range from breaking news to food and entertainment. Click here to learn more.
DOWNLOAD OUR APPS
We offer a variety of news apps for your various devices and coverage areas. Use the links below to download our apps.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
If Twitter is your thing, we've got you covered! Check us out at the following accounts:
We're here for any questions you might have. Feel free to email us at email@example.com.