Photos provided by EBRSO -- Chaddrick Bernard Piper

Chaddrick B. Piper was arrested Thursday for the fifth time in 17 months for domestic abuse against the same woman.

This time he is accused of choking his ex-girlfriend on Tuesday until she was unconscious.

Time after time, Piper has been hauled into jail when his ex-girlfriend would report that he had abused her, and, in a few instances, threatened to kill her.

Almost every time, Piper, 34, bailed out of the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison and, while awaiting trial, has attacked her again.

In December, he was sentenced to two years in state prison after pleading guilty to domestic abuse battery with strangulation in an October 2013 incident. On that day, during an argument in the presence of their 5-year-old child, he dragged the mother into a bedroom and choked her until she was unconscious, according to Sheriff’s Office reports.

During that same Dec. 9 court hearing, Piper also pleaded guilty to a slew of other charges, most of them amended from domestic abuse battery to other misdemeanors he racked up following arrests that began with the October 2013 arrest and ended with an April arrest. Each involved the same woman.

Earlier this week, after serving less than three months of his two-year sentence at a state prison in East Carroll Parish, Piper was released on “good time parole supervision,” a Department of Public Safety and Corrections spokeswoman said, at least partly because he received credit for the time he served awaiting trial between April and December in the Parish Prison.

Within hours of his release Tuesday from the Riverbend Detention Center, Piper made his way to Baton Rouge, hunted down his ex-girlfriend, forced his way inside her residence and told her she was going to die, said Casey Rayborn Hicks, a Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman.

The woman told deputies Piper grabbed her by the throat and choked her until she passed out, Hicks said. After she regained consciousness, Piper forced her into a tub of water, Hicks said.

She somehow escaped, and Piper fled with his mother.

The incident sparked a manhunt for Piper that ended Thursday with his capture in Iberville Parish.

Earlier trouble

The woman is not the first to accuse Piper of violent behavior.

In fact, she was at least the third woman to do so, according to court records that reveal a history of domestic violence across at least two states.

While at least three women have filed petitions for protective orders against Piper in East Baton Rouge Parish since 2009, his violent history can be traced to an earlier incident in Virginia involving the death of one of his children.

According to a 2008 article in The Virginian-Pilot, a news organization based out of Norfolk, Virginia, Piper was convicted in 2002 of malicious wounding and assault and battery after injuring his infant son, Kharell, while shaking him. The boy died about a year after the shaking incident, according to the Virginian-Pilot.

Piper was sentenced to 10 years in state prison, five of which were suspended, on the malicious wounding conviction, a spokeswoman with the Virginia Department of Corrections confirmed.

Piper also was sentenced to a year on the assault and battery conviction, but the sentence was suspended, the spokeswoman said.

It’s unclear how much time he actually served in prison for those convictions.

The first woman to file a petition for a protective order against Piper in East Baton Rouge Parish, according to court records, did so in 2009. Family Court Judge Pamela Baker issued the order, which remained in force for a year.

Within several months, yet a second woman asked for a protective order against Piper.

The order was granted for a year.

But it didn’t stop Piper in January 2010 from sending the second woman electronic messages in which he threatened to kill her. About a year later, he was convicted of violating the protective order and sentenced to six months in Parish Prison.

There was another incident involving the second woman, with whom he has two children. According to Sheriff’s Office reports, Piper was accused of forcing the woman and their two children at knife point to ride to the Sheriff’s Office so the woman could drop charges she had filed against him. Piper stayed outside while the woman went inside City Hall, where the Sheriff’s Office was headquartered at the time, according to Sheriff’s Office reports.

The woman told authorities what was going on, and they were able to capture Piper at his mother’s home.

He was charged with three counts of second-degree kidnapping, but a jury found Piper not guilty of the charges in February 2011 — yet, the next day he pleaded guilty to a violation of a protective order against the woman.

That protective order would again come into play in May 2014 after it had expired. The second woman asked for it to be renewed in a court filing, alleging that Piper had been sending her threatening messages.

She also alleged in the filing that her children witnessed Piper attack the third woman while they were with him in April 2014. In the filing, the woman said she was concerned for her children’s safety.

A judge granted the renewed protective order for her, which is set to expire in May.

At the same time, a string of violent incidents had occurred involving the third woman, the ex-girlfriend whom Piper is accused of attacking on Tuesday after he was released from prison.

The third victim

In total, Piper was arrested four times between October 2013 and April 2014 on accusations of attacking the third woman. Three of the four attacks occurred while he was out of jail on bail.

For example, less than a week after the October 2013 arrest for choking her into unconsciousness, he posted $5,000 bail and was released, court records show.

Within a month, on Nov. 22, 2013, he attacked the third woman again after an argument. Piper was later charged with domestic abuse battery.

The next day, on Nov. 23, 2013, he posted $2,500 bail and was released.

Several days later, on Nov. 26, 2013, he attacked the third woman yet again, marking the third documented attack of her, according to court records, and was again charged with domestic abuse battery.

After the Nov. 26, 2013, arrest, Piper sat in Parish Prison for a few months.

Then, in February 2014, a judge lowered his bail to $500.

It’s unclear what his bail was before it was lowered. But after the bail was reduced, Piper soon posted it and was released.

A little more than a month later, in April 2014, Piper attacked the third woman for a fourth documented time. She accused him of pinning her to the ground, pulling out a knife and beginning to cut the back of her neck where she had a tattoo of his name, court records show.

Deputies witnessed bruises on her forearm and cuts on the back of her neck where the tattoo was located.

Piper was arrested and booked on April 24 into Parish Prison, where he was held on $20,000 bail — later raised to $200,000 at prosecutors’ request — until the court hearing Dec. 9. Prosecutors charged him with aggravated second-degree battery in the April incident.

During the December hearing, he pleaded guilty to amended charges of aggravated assault and simple battery for the April incident, court records show. For the two November 2013 incidents, he pleaded guilty to amended charges of two counts of simple battery and violation of a protective order, which the third woman had also obtained.

For those convictions, he also received six-month sentences that ran concurrent with the two-year sentence.

Piper was arrested by deputies and U.S. marshals. He will be booked as a fugitive in the Iberville Parish jail and later transferred to East Baton Rouge Parish Prison.

Follow Ben Wallace on Twitter @_BenWallace.

Editor’s note: This story was changed after publication to accurately reflect Piper’s final bail amount.