The severe weather and lightning that struck the Baton Rouge area on Tuesday sparked a house fire in University Club, electrical damage at Dick's Sporting Goods and other issues.

Around 4:40 p.m., the St. George Fire Department said it responded to an apparent lightning strike at Dick's Sporting Goods near the Mall of Louisiana that caused electrical damage. No fire occurred, SGFD said.

A house fire on Memorial Tower Drive in University club was extinguished just before 5:40 p.m.

SGFD also responded to a fallen tree on Highland Road between Siegen Lane and Bluebonnet Boulevard.

And other incidents include a possible house fire in Lexington Estates and a possible fire at a Jefferson Highway apartment complex. No fires were found at either location, SGFD said.

A total of about a dozen incidents were reported during the severe weather, according to SGFD.