- “EDMUND UNRAVELS” BY ANDREW KOLB: 11 a.m., Barnes & Noble CitiPlace, 2590 CitiPlace Court. Activities to follow.
- GRACE AND VIOLENCE IN FLANNERY O’CONNOR’S STORIES: 6:30 p.m., Fairwood Branch, 12910 Old Hammond Highway. Rev. John Blewitt will lead a discussion of Flannery O’Connor.
- “IRISH BLOOD” BY MARY PAT KELLY: Noon, Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Discussion of the book and Kelly’s research on the Irish in Louisiana.
Sunday, March 22
- FLANNERY O’CONNOR’S 90TH BIRTHDAY READINGS: 3 p.m., LSU Barnes & Noble, 2 Union Square. Come celebrate Flannery O’Connor’s 90th birthday with members of the community and LSU English department. Readings of favorite passages and birthday cake. Free.
- SRL SLEUTHS MYSTERY BOOK CLUB: 6:30 p.m., South Regional Library, 6101 Johnston St. “The Cold, Cold Ground” by Adrian McKinty.
- “MY SUNSHINE AWAY” BY M.O. WALSH AND “WHERE ALL LIGHT TENDS TO GO” BY DAVID JOY: 5:30 p.m., Octavia Books, 513 Octavia St. Double reading from Walsh and Joy with Irish beer.
- “THE OTHER JOSEPH” BY SKIP HORACK: 6 p.m., Garden District Book Shop, 2727 Prytania St. Discussion and signing.
- Thursday, March 19
- “SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA FOOD” BY ADDIE MARTIN: Noon, West Baton Rouge Museum, 845 N. Jefferson Ave. Signing and discussion.