- “SUCCESS IN THE CITY” SUNDAY SOIREE: 4 p.m., Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. An evening of networking, jazz and spoken word showcasing local authors and poets from Baton Rouge and surrounding areas. Books will be available for purchase.
- THE HISTORICAL SOCIETY BOOK CLUB: 7 p.m., Jones Creek Regional, 6222 Jones Creek Road. “The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary” by Simon Winchester.
- MICHELLE MCCALOPE SIGNS “GOOD JOB:” 10 a.m., Barnes & Noble, 2590 CitiPlace Court. (225) 926-2600.
- SHELFIES UNITE!: 4 p.m., Jefferson Street Library, 538 Jefferson St. Celebrate Teen Read Week with selfies with a book, bookshelf or a bookshelf selfie. Come to the library or send yours to firstname.lastname@example.org. (337) 261-5787.
CHERE COEN BOOK SIGNING: 2 P.M., BARNES & NOBLE, 5705 JOHNSTON ST. COEN WILL SIGH “HAUNTED LAFAYETTE” AND “MAGIC’S IN THE BAG.” (337) 989-4142.
- CARL HIASSEN READING AND SIGNING: 6 p.m., Octavia Books, 513 Octavia St. Hiassen will read and sign “Skink: No Surrender”. (504) 899-7323.
WAYNE PARENT READING AND SIGNING: 6 p.m., Garden District Book Shop, 2727 Prytania St. Parent will discuss and sign “Louisiana Field Guide.” (504) 895-2266.
- JERVEY TERVALON: 6 p.m., Octavia Books, 513 Octavia St. Tervalon will talk about his new book, “Monster’s Chef.” (504) 899-7323.
- TIMOTHY DUFFY READING AND SIGNING: 6 p.m., Garden District Book Shop, 2727 Prytania St. Duffy will read and sign “We Are the Music Makers” with live music from Major Handy. (504) 895-2266.