- NURSING CAREER FAIR: 8 a.m. to noon, Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System Auditorium, 2400 Canal St., New Orleans. Resources specialists will share information about current and upcoming vacancies and how to apply for positions as SLVHCS prepares to open its new center in Mid-City.
BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS TALK: 11:30 A.M. DAILY EXCEPT SUNDAY AND MONDAY, CHALMETTE BATTLEFIELD OF JEAN LAFITTE NATIONAL HISTORICAL PARK AND PRESERVE, 8606 W. ST. BERNARD HIGHWAY, CHALMETTE. (504) 281-0510. NPS.GOV/JELA.
- FRIDAY NIGHTS AT NOMA: 5 p.m., New Orleans Museum of Art, City Park, 1 Collins Diboll Circle, New Orleans. Art on the Spot, artist Tim Young discusses his performance project, “100 Novels.” Music by DJ Marc Stone. noma.org.
- PILATES IN THE SCULPTURE GARDEN: 8 a.m.; also 6 p.m. Monday. New Orleans Museum of Art, 1 Collins Diboll Circle, City Park. In conjunction with East Jefferson Wellness Center. $5. (504) 658-4106. noma.org.
- VICTORY CORPS SATURDAY: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., National WWII Museum, 945 Magazine St. War history through a hands-on program. (504) 528-1944. nationalww2museum.org.
- KREWE OF LAFCADIO: 2 p.m., throughout the French Quarter starting at Antoine’s Restaurant on St. Louis Street between Royal and Bourbon streets. A walking krewe that celebrates cultural leaders. Royalty is chef Sue Zemanick of Gautreau’s restaurant and JoAnn Clevenger of Upperline Restaurant is the duchess. (504) 236-5700. kewerolafcadio.org.
- YOGA IN THE GARDEN: 9 a.m., Longue Vue House and Gardens, 7 Bamboo Road, New Orleans. $5 suggested donation. (504) 293-4721. longuevue.com.
- BACCHUS BASH: noon, Generations Hall, 310 Andrew Higgins Blvd., New Orleans. Free block party with live music, LED screens inside for bowl watching and food vendors. VIP tickets available. metronightclubneworleans.com.
- “BABY GOT BACCHUS” MARDI GRAS FETE: 2 p.m., New Orleans Opera Guild Home, 2504 Prytania St., New Orleans. The Junior Committee of the guild hosts a family-friendly event during the afternoon before the evening parades, including food from Brennan catering, libations and facilities. $27 and up adults; $11.54 child. neworleansopera.org/event/mardi-gras-fete.
- TAI CHI CLASS: 6 p.m., NOMA Sculpture Garden, City Park, 1 Collins Diboll Circle, New Orleans. East Jefferson Wellness Center classes outside or in the museum. $5. (504) 456-5000. noma.org.
CHORAL AUDITIONS FOR CRESCENT CITY SOUND CHORUS: 7 P.M., DELGADO COMMUNITY COLLEGE, 615 CITY PARK AVE., NEW ORLEANS. LOCAL CHAPTER OF SWEET ADELINES INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S CHORUS. (601) 550-0983. CRESCENTCITYSOUND.COM.
TUESDAY — HAPPY MARDI GRAS!
- WHITE GLOVE WEDNESDAYS: 9 a.m. to noon, National WWII Museum, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. Visitors can pick up and try on original and reproduction uniforms and more. Free with museum admission. (504) 528-1944, ext. 288. nationalww2museum.org.
JAZZ PILATES: NOON TO 1 P.M., NEW ORLEANS NATIONAL HISTORICAL PARK VISITOR CENTER, DUTCH ALLEY, 916 N. PETERS ST., NEW ORLEANS. STEPHANIE JORDAN LEADS A FREE CLASS; PARTICIPANTS BRING THEIR OWN MATS. (504) 589-4841. NPS.GOV/JAZZ.
- THURSDAY, Feb. 11
THURSDAYS AT TWILIGHT: 6 P.M., PAVILION OF THE TWO SISTERS, BOTANICAL GARDENS, CITY PARK, VICTORY DRIVE, NEW ORLEANS. TOPSY CHAPMAN AND THE SOLID HARMONY PERFORM IN THIS SERIES. $10. NEWORLEANSCITYPARK.COM.
- HOLLYGROVE MARKET AND FARM: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, 8301 Olive St., New Orleans. For $25, customers can purchase a share of local produce. Walk-ins welcome. (504) 483-7037. www.hollygrovemarket.com.
- CRESCENT CITY FARMERS MARKET MID-CITY: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Mid-City Farmers Market, 3700 Orleans Ave., New Orleans. www.crescentcityfarmersmarket.org.
MARKETPLACE AT ARMSTRONG PARK: 3 P.M. TO 7 P.M., 901 N. RAMPART ST., NEW ORLEANS. FOOD, MUSIC, AND ARTS AND CRAFTS MARKET. (504) 684-5410. WWW.ICDNOLA.ORG.
- CAMELLIA CITY FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m. to noon, Chamber of Commerce parking lot, 1808 Front St., Slidell. (985) 640-7112. www. camelliacitymarket.org.
- CRESCENT CITY FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m. to noon, 700 Magazine St., New Orleans. www.crescentcityfarmersmarket.org.
- COVINGTON FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m. to noon, Covington Police Station, 609 N. Columbia St., Covington. (985) 892-1873. www.covingtonfarmersmarket.org.
- GERMAN COAST FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m. to noon, Ormond Plantation, 13786 River Road, Destrehan. (985) 764-9762. www.germancoastfarmersmarket.org.
- KENNER RIVERTOWN FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m. to noon, Heritage Park, 303 Williams Blvd., Kenner. (504) 468-7211.
- GRETNA FARMERS MARKET: 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 300 Huey P. Long Ave., Gretna. www.gretnafarmersmarket.com.
- GROW DAT FARM STAND: 9 a.m., 150 Zachary Taylor Drive, City Park, New Orleans. Produce grown in City Park, sold by youth. (504) 598-2743. www.growdatyouthfarm.org.
- ST. BERNARD SEAFOOD & FARMERS MARKET: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 409 Aycock St., Arabi. www.visitstbernard.com.
- ARTS MARKET OF NEW ORLEANS: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Palmer Park (South Carrollton at South Claiborne avenues). Arts and crafts vendors plus food, music and a kids tent. (504) 523-1465. www.artsneworleans.org.
- SATURDAY FARMERS MARKET: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., French Market, 1235 N. Peters St., New Orleans. Weekly market featuring produce, seafood, preserves, breads and baked goods. (504) 522-2621. www.frenchmarket.org.
- PIETY STREET MARKET: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., 612 Piety St., New Orleans. (504) 269-3982.
- SWAP MEET NOLA: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., St. Margaret’s Church, 3525 Bienville St., New Orleans. An all-in-one farmers market, bakers market, arts and crafts market, and flea market. (504) 813-5370. www.swapmeetnola.com.
- FRERET MARKET: Noon to 4 p.m., Freret Street at Napoleon Avenue. More than 90 vendors. Food, art, crafts, live music and flea market finds. www.freretmarket.org.
- CRESCENT CITY FARMERS MARKET UPTOWN: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., 200 Broadway Ave., New Orleans. www.crescentcityfarmersmarket.org.
- HOLLYGROVE MARKET AND FARM: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., 8301 Olive St., New Orleans. (504) 483-7037. www.hollygrovemarket.com.
- SANKOFA MOBILE MARKET: 11 a.m. to noon, Lower 9th Ward Senior Center, 5234 Claiborne Ave., New Orleans. (504) 872-9214. www.sankofanola.org.?
- COVINGTON FARMERS MARKET: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Covington Trailhead, East Lockwood and North New Hampshire streets, Covington. (985) 892-1873.
- CRESCENT CITY FARMERS MARKET: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., French Market Farmers Market, 1235 N. Peters St., New Orleans. (504) 522-2621. www.frenchmarket.org.