A Baton Rouge man pleaded guilty Monday to calling in a bomb threat that closed LSU’s main campus for more than 12 hours on Sept. 17.

William Bouvay Jr., 43, faces a prison term of 13 to 28 years under the terms of a plea agreement, East Baton Rouge Parish Assistant District Attorney Jesse Bankston said inside state District Judge Lou Daniel’s courtroom.

Daniel ordered a presentence investigation and scheduled a June 28 sentence date. Bouvay will continue to be held without bond. He was slated to stand trial April 22.

“I’d like to just get it over with,” Bouvay said at one point during Monday’s hearing.

Bouvay pleaded guilty as charged to a felony count of communicating false information of a planned bombing on school property, which carries up to 20 years in prison.

But because Bouvay has two prior felony convictions in New Mexico and Louisiana, he faced a sentence of 13 to 40 years as a habitual offender. His plea deal brought the maximum possible sentence down to 28 years.

District Attorney Hillar Moore III said the sentencing range is appropriate based on Bouvay’s history and what happened at LSU on Sept. 17. Moore said the bomb threat made for “a really difficult situation.”

In November, federal prosecutors dropped a federal charge against Bouvay of conveying a false bomb threat because a successful state prosecution would result in a stiffer sentence.

According to an affidavit of probable cause, Bouvay called 911 at 10:32 a.m. Sept. 17 and told a 911 dispatcher, “Yes, I planted three bombs at LSU’s campus. My colleagues planted three bombs at LSU to go off in two hours if my …”

The caller did not finish that sentence.

“This is not a joke. I’m gonna go there and …” the caller said before the call was disconnected.

No bombs were found.

Authorities traced the number using GPS technology to a deactivated cellphone that could be used only for emergency calls, LSU police have said. The phone was found at Bouvay’s residence at 8224 Skysail Ave., near Gardere Lane.

Bouvay admitted to authorities he called in the bomb threat.

Bouvay was put on probation from January 1999 until January 2003 after being convicted in Silver City, N.M., on three felony counts of fraudulent use of a credit card and one felony count of larceny. Bouvay also was convicted in Baton Rouge state court in May 2011 on a felony charge of domestic abuse battery by strangulation and put on probation for 18 months.

He was still on probation at the time of the LSU incident.

Bouvay also pleaded guilty in the mid-1990s to a misdemeanor charge of improper phone communication and was sentenced to 60 days of probation, according to East Baton Rouge Parish clerk of court records