Authorities booked 105 people by noon Monday at the Baton Rouge City Jail because those people had failed take care of outstanding misdemeanor warrants, an East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman said in a news release.

Authorities in Baton Rouge opened the jail Friday at noon in an effort to clear backlogged misdemeanor warrants.

Only 30 inmates of the 105 remain in custody at the jail, spokeswoman Casey Rayborn Hicks said in the release.

The others had either posted bond and been released, or had been moved to parish prison because of a warrant hold and will have to go before a judge, Hicks said.

Because of the threat of jail, residents have voluntarily gone to court to clear up outstanding misdemeanor warrants, Hicks said.

At an average cost of $150 per warrant, district court and City Court should show a substantial increase in collections for this weekend’s efforts, exceeding $300,000, Hicks said.

Court officials also indicate that the phone lines at the Constables Office, City Court, district court, police headquarters, and the District’s Attorney’s Office are experiencing high call volume due to warrant inquiries, Hicks said.