Help in getting health insurance through the Affordable Care Act, known as “Obamacare,” is being provided Saturday at several area locations in Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Clinton and Amite by the Louisiana Enrollment Partnership.
The group is a coalition of organizations trying to ensure Louisiana residents have access to free in-person assistance enrolling in “Obamacare.” Nov. 15 through Feb. 15 is the enrollment period.
In some locations, those assisting Saturday will be setting appointments with consumers, while other locations will be able to enroll consumers in federal health insurance marketplace plans on the spot.
Information needed includes home and/or mailing address for everyone applying for coverage; Social Security; document information for legal immigrants; employer and income information for every member of the consumer’s household, such as W-2 forms and wage and tax statements; best estimate of what their household income will be in 2015; policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of their household; completed employer coverage tool for every job-based plan the consumer or someone in their household is eligible for, found at www.healthcare.gov; and notices from their current plan that includes their plan ID, if they had or have health coverage in 2014.
Times and locations in Baton Rouge:
- 6 p.m.–until at the Southern University home game, AW Mumford Stadium.
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m.; Eden Park Library, 5131 Greenwell Springs Road.
- 11 a.m.–1 p.m.; Cox Connect, 8435 Ned Ave.
- noon–5 p.m.; MY FEST Event, North Boulevard Town Square, downtown.
- 9 a.m.–1 p.m.; Jewel Newman Community Center, 2013 Central Road.
- 10 a.m.–2 p.m.; Capitol Middle School Resource Fair, 5100 Greenwell Springs Road.
- Clinton: 10 a.m.–2 p.m.; seventh annual Health Fair and ACA Kick-off, 11990 Jackson St.
- Lafayette: 8 a.m.-noon; SWLA Center for Health Services “Healthy Neighborhood Walk,”500 Patterson St.
- Amite: 10 a.m.–2:30 p.m.; Tangipahoa Parish Library, 204 N.E. Central Ave.