Five startups in the Baton Rouge and New Orleans areas will participate in a $10,000 business pitch competition on Wednesday.
Get Started Louisiana will be held from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at The Chicory, 610 S. Peters St., in New Orleans. This is the second year Cox Communications is holding the pitch competition as part of New Orleans Entrepreneur Week.
Nearly 50 companies submitted applications to participate in the contest and the finalists selected are:
- Wedding Champ, a Baton Rouge company that bills itself as “a bride’s sidekick” in planning for the perfect wedding.
- Atlas Therapeutics, a New Orleans research and development company working on therapy to restore taste receptors for patients who are undergoing chemotherapy and radiation.
- BioAesthetics, a Tulane University spin-off working to improve reconstruction options for breast cancer patients.
- Gator and Crane Inc., a Mandeville grocery store chain devoted to making a healthy, sustainable and non-toxic lifestyle accessible.
- Undercover Coatings LLC, of Meraux, specializing in custom and protective coatings, liquid wraps and hydrographics.
Contestants will be given 2½ to pitch their idea in front of a live audience and a panel of experts. The experts will review each of the plans and select a winner based on innovation, ease of implementation and consumer and community benefit. The winner will be awarded a prize valued at up to $10,000, including cash and Cox Business services.
The competition is free to attend, and registration is at www.GeauxGetStarted.com.