Lafayette-based Home Bancorp Inc. reported its first-quarter profit jumped to $3.3 million, or 47 cents per share, from to $2.8 million, or 41 cents per share, a year ago.

The 2016 results included $398,000 in expenses related to the acquisition of Louisiana Bancorp Inc. Without those expenses, the parent company of Home Bank N.A. turned a profit of $3.7 million, or 53 cents per share.

Home President and Chief Executive Officer John W. Bordelon said the company is working with its energy-sector customers, many of whom have weathered oil busts in the past, to help them manage through the downturn.

Energy loans totaled $36.8 million, or 3 percent of outstanding loans, as of March 31. About 8 percent of the energy loans, or $2.1 million, have been restructured and are current on their restructured terms. The remaining 92 percent are performing in accordance with their original loan agreements.