BATON ROUGE AREA
The Baton Rouge Area Chamber presented its Volunteer of the Year Award to Pamela Bounds, of Berente Companies; Community Champion Award posthumously to Ben Miller Jr.; and Project of the Year Award to Pod Pack International.
Bounds also was appointed as a BRAC ambassador and is a member of the Small Business Council board.
The Community Champion Award goes to an individual for outstanding contributions to his or her company and leadership in the community.
Project of the Year Award is presented to an economic development project for job creation, capital expenditures, expansion and long-term impact on the regional economy and brand.
Pod Pack, a co-packer of coffee and tea products in individual pods, announced a $10.1 million expansion of its manufacturing facility, nearly doubling its staff.
Joseph C. Giglio Jr., an attorney with Liskow & Lewis in Lafayette, and P. Craig Morrow, an attorney with Morrow, Morrow, Ryan & Bassett in Opelousas, have been named fellows of the Louisiana Bar Foundation.
The nonprofit works for equal justice under the law.
The Louisiana Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects has announced the winners of its annual Louisiana Professional Awards competition, recognizing excellence in landscape architectural design, planning and analysis, communication and research. Categories and winners are:
- Limited scope project in residential design: Merit Awards to City Park Residence in Alexandria, Jeffrey Carbo Landscape Architects, and the Penick Residence in Baton Rouge, Suzanne Turner Associates; and Honor Award to Happy Place in Baton Rouge, Joseph Furr Design Studio.
- Comprehensive scope project in residential design: Merit Award to Mid Century River House in Lafayette, Jeffrey Carbo Landscape Architects.
- Recreational master plan in planning: Merit Award to Bayou Country Park in Terrebonne Parish, Joseph Furr Design Studio.
- Institutional master plan in planning: Honor Award to St. George Campus in Baton Rouge, Joseph Furr Design Studio.
- Unbuilt project in special projects: Honor Award to Bicentennial Memorial Battlefield of New Orleans in Chalmette, Jeffrey Carbo Landscape Architects.
- Urban design project in the built environment: Merit Awards to Place St. Charles Streetscape in New Orleans, Mathes Brierre Architects, and Repentance Park in Baton Rouge, Reich Associates.
- Commercial design project in the built environment: Honor Award and President’s Award to AEX Gateway, Roundabout, Terminal, a new air passenger terminal for central Louisiana in Alexandria, Jeffrey Carbo Landscape Architects.
A special award was presented to Kerry St. Pé, executive director of the Barataria-Terrebonne National Estuary Program, as an honorary member of the American Society of Landscape Architects for his notable service to the profession and protecting significant Louisiana landscapes and educating the public about the region’s fragile ecosystem.