BATON ROUGE AREA
Michelle Adams Escher has been named director of surgical services at Lane Regional Medical Center. She was a surgical staff nurse.
Travis M. Lavergne has been named executive vice president and chief credit officer at Investar Bank. Lavergne was senior vice president and chief risk management officer.
Mike Robinson has been named senior vice president and general counsel at Edgen Group Inc., a global distributor of specialty steel products and services for the energy and infrastructure markets. Robinson was with Baton Rouge law firm Kantrow, Spaht, Weaver & Blitzer. He specializes in corporate, commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions and securities law.
Scott Vicknair has been named specification writer and construction administrator at Chenevert Architects. He was an intern architect at Crump Wilson Architects.
Derrick S. Amar has been named director of operations at Lyons Specialty Co. & AA Vending. He was as an account manager.
Lane Regional Medical Center has named Thomas Erwin as licensed clinical social worker supervisor for Behavioral Health Services in Zachary and Baker. Erwin was evaluation coordinator for the West Feliciana Parish School Board.
NEW ORLEANS AREA
Peoples Health in Metairie has named Lela Blanco as regional director of the company’s Eastbank offices.
Blanco was patient care manager for two intensive care units at Touro Infirmary in New Orleans.
Greene’s Energy Group has named Shawn Ellis as director of sales–North America for the testing and services business unit. Ellis was Gulf of Mexico director for the company.
AROUND SOUTH LA.
Gov. Bobby Jindal has made appointments and reappointments from the local area to several state boards and commissions:
- Southern High-Speed Rail Commission: John Spain, of Baton Rouge, executive vice president of the Baton Rouge Area Foundation.
- Louisiana Racing Commission: Jerry Meaux, of Duson, president of the board of directors of the Southwest Louisiana Electric Membership Corp.; Kenneth “Kenu” Romero, of New Iberia, owns and operates a rice and crawfish farm in Vermilion Parish; Richard Hollier Jr., of Opelousas, with LHC Group Inc.; and Bob Wright, of New Orleans, a partner at Domengeaux, Wright, Roy & Edwards personal injury law firm.
- Louisiana Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology: Stephen Harris, of Lafayette, coordinator of related services for the St. Mary Parish School System.
- Board of Commissioners of the Southeast Louisiana Flood Protection Authority-East: Wilton Tilly III, of Metairie, project engineer for the U.S. Department of Energy Strategic Petroleum Reserve.
- Ernest N. Morial-New Orleans Exhibition Hall Authority: Klara Cvitanovich, of Metairie, general manager and co-owner of Drago’s Restaurant; and Melvin Rodrigue Jr., of New Orleans, chief operating officer of Galatoire’s Restaurant and the managing partner of Galatoire’s Bistro.
- Prison Enterprises Board: Paul Spalitta, of Hammond, president and chief executive officer of S&W Wholesale Foods.
- Louisiana Public Defender Board: Deborah Majeeda Snead, of New Orleans, a clinical professor at the Loyola University School of Law.
- Louisiana Developmental Disabilities Council: Vickie Davis, of Walker, a self-employed accountant.
- Louisiana Commission on Marriage and Family: Heather Doss, of Lafayette, chief operating officer of Flex Medical Staffing and Training; and Rob Tasman, of Baton Rouge, associate director of the Louisiana Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Board of Commerce and Industry: Glenn Brasseaux, of Carencro, mayor of Carencro; Jerry N. Jones, of Baton Rouge, partner at the law firm of Bradley, Murchison, Kelly & Shea; and Thomas Holden, of Baton Rouge, president of Holden Architects.