Ascension Parish sheriff’s deputies are looking for two women and four men in the “Operation No Show” warrant roundup initiative.
Chief Criminal Deputy Tony Bacala said the Sheriff’s Office continues its efforts to deploy extra deputies in the parish to arrest people failing to appear in court after being arrested on felony criminal charges.
Most people arrested on criminal charges are entitled to a bail, he said. After meeting the requirement of that bail, the people are released from jail and given notice to be in court on a specific date, he said.
The following suspects ignored their court their date which subsequently lead to a bench warrant being issued by the court for failure to appear in court:
- Terry Bercegeay, 30, 40248 Black Bayou Road, Gonzales. Arrested and felony bench warrant issued for simple burglary.
- Shanna Knox, 22, 126 N. Marchand St., Gonzales. Arrested and felony bench warrant issued for aggravated battery; three misdemeanor bench warrants for shoplifting and contributing to juvenile; simple battery; disturbing the peace; and trespassing.
- Jodie Collins, 36, 1029 5th Street, Gretna. Arrested and felony bench warrant issued for felony theft.
- James E. Prines, 53, of 15060 Keri Drive, Prairieville. Wanted on felony bench warrants for failure to appear in court on charges of DWI fourth offense, two counts of hit-and-run, reckless operation, and driver under suspension. He is also wanted on a second felony bench warrant for public intimidation, careless operation and DWI fourth offense.
- Samuel Jones, Jr., 53, of of 38234 Mindi Court, Gonzales, is wanted on felony bench warrants for failure to appear two counts of issuing worthless checks, four counts of felony theft and on misdemeanor bench warrant for identity theft.
- Leonard D. Siders, Jr., 46, of Agnes Marie Road, St. Amant. Wanted on a felony bench warrant for theft and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office at (225) 621-4636. They also may call Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867.