Chris Deroche was named Firefighter of the Year on Saturday during the St. Amant Volunteer Fire Department’s annual banquet, Chief James LeBlanc said.
More than 200 volunteer firefighters attended the banquet at The Venue in St. Amant.
Guest speakers included Assessor M.J. “Mert” Smiley, Sheriff’s Office Lt. Col. Bobby Webre and Ascension Parish Councilman Chris Loar.
Webre administered the oath of office to new officers, LeBlanc said.
Mike and Steve Broussard cooked the meal, he said.
LeBlanc was honored for 15 years of service, and Adam Gautreaux was recognized for serving the department for 10 years.
Also honored during the banquet were:
- Joel Louque, Outgoing Member Award.
- Kane Hanna and Robbie Villenurve, Junior Firefighters of the Year.
- Christine Wilson and Brady Moran, EMS Responders of the Year.
- Jennifer Hebert and Alex Soletske, EMS Rookies of the Year.
- Shane Rojas, EMS Chief Award.
- Gary Germany and Jake Blanchard, Firefighter Rookies of the Year.
- Shane Stuntz, President’s Award
- Creative Cajun Cooking and Jimmy Babin, Community Service Award.
- Donnie Hebert, Member of the Year.
- Mike Breaux, Stacy Denham and Kim Poche, Key Person of the Year Award.
- Scott Cohenour and Justin Pauler, Training Award.