BAKER — Baker firefighters called to 528 Charles St. at 12:45 a.m. Saturday found smoke coming from an interior bedroom of the home, according to a Baker Fire Department news release.

The fire was quickly extinguished before it could spread, according to the report.

The occupant, who was not at home at the time of the fire, told firefighters that the electricity had just been turned on Friday in anticipation of them moving in soon, firefighters reported.

Firefighters said they suspect an electrical short in the bedroom caused the fire.

No firefighters were injured.