A Baker apartment complex caught fire Sunday morning, forcing 24 people from their homes, the Baker Fire Department said.

The fire started just before 5 a.m. at the Sycamore Suites Apartments, Complex B, 4386 Jefferson St. spokesman Howard Ward said.

Nobody was injured, but a mother and her two sons escaped flames in their unit, which was “fully involved,” Ward said.

The fire caused an estimated $500,000 in damage to the entire complex, he said. An electrical problem probably sparked the blaze, he said.

Complex B holds eight units, and the 24 residents from all of them have been forced out for safety reasons, Ward said.

The Red Cross is providing temporary housing, food, clothing shoes, comfort kids and stuffed animals for children, spokeswoman Nancy Malone said in a press release.