Lane Regional Medical Center and United Blood Services will hold a blood drive from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Friday with an added appeal for donations to the Zachary Food Pantry.
The blood drive is open to the public without registration, but donors may sign up in advance online at http://www.bloodhero.com, using the sponsor code Lane-Regional.
Blood donors are asked to bring a non-perishable canned, bagged or boxed food item.
Art around town
The monthly Clinton community market on Saturday includes a Louisiana Main Street event, Art ’Round the Square, with a judged art show at Landmark Bank, children’s activities at the Audubon Regional Library, an art display at McKnight’s and 100 vendors for the market day.
Elysian Fields Farms offers several types of carriage tours in the Clinton historic district to benefit the home for eight former work horses.
Fire house celebration
West Feliciana Parish Fire Protection District 1’s annual Family Day will be held from 2:30 p.m. until long after dark Saturday at the district headquarters, 9892 West Feliciana Parkway. The LSU-Alabama game will be on the big-screen television, and food, fun and kid’s activities are planned.
The public is invited.
Descendants of Douglas and Victoria Thornton and Porter and Vinnie Jones are invited to the family’s reunion picnic from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Zachary Men’s Club and Park on Rollins Road.
Vehicles on display
First Baptist Church of Zachary will have a car, truck and motorcycle show Saturday in the church parking lot at the corner of Main Street and 42nd Street from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The show is open to all makes, models and years of cars, trucks and motorcycles, and no entry fee will be charged.
The event includes door prizes and trophies for exhibitors and free lunch for everyone.
The Zachary Mayor’s Annual Thanksgiving Prayer Breakfast will be held Friday, with the buffet line opening at 7 a.m. at First Baptist Church’s Family Life Center. Tickets are available at the door for $5 per person.
Veterans Day programs
Veterans Day ceremonies in the area include:
- Baker, Veterans Plaza in Baker City Park, 3325 Groom Road, at 2 p.m. Sunday.
- Alexander Stirling Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, at 9 a.m. Sunday in Dawson Cemetery in Jackson; in Clinton Masonic Cemetery at 2 p.m. Sunday; at Feliciana Cemetery and Redwood Cemetery, Slaughter, at 2 p.m. Sunday; and Town of Jackson Cemetery, 2 p.m. Sunday.
- Louisiana War Veterans Home, Jackson, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 10.
- Norwood Cemetery, 10 a.m., Friday, Nov. 11.
- Bank of Zachary, 7:30 a.m. Friday, Nov. 11, in front of bank’s main office.
- West Feliciana High School, auditorium, 9 a.m. Nov. 11.