Show us spring in photos
Spring is here, and with it, so do lots of activities in the Felicianas.
If you are running one of the many events planned for March and beyond, please remember that we love getting announcements to run before the events as well as photos after the event.
Mail information and high-resolution photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include all the basic information and tell us the first and last name of people who are in the photos.
We need all items by the Friday afternoon before it is to run on Thursday.
Feliciana Baptist Church presents The Foto Sisters at its community luncheon at 11:30 a.m., Thursday, March 1. Lunch is $3 and money will be collected at the door. People are asked to call or text (225) 683-3066 to register. An offering will be collected for the musicians.
Scout garage sale
Boy Scout Troop 51 will have its annual garage sale from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, March 3 at the Jackson Civic Center.
Walk in the Park
A Walk in the Park Craft Show will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 3 in Parker Park, St. Francisville. Craft vendors with locally made items as well as food vendors will be on-site.
A Louisiana Hunter Education Course will be held March 3-4 at the West Feliciana Parish Library, 5114 Burnett Road, St. Francisville. James Cook is the instructor. The March 3 session is from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and March 4 is noon to 2 p.m.
Online registration is required at www.register-ed.com.
Anyone born on or after Sept. 1, 1969, must successfully complete a Hunter Education Course in order to hunt in Louisiana.
Knights of Columbus Council No. 7856 are frying fish at 6 p.m., Fridays at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, 11485 Ferdinand St., St. Francisville. Dinners are $9.
Activities on the way
- Lots of golf tournaments are scheduled at The Bluffs, including the East Feliciana Parish Chamber of Commerce four-man scramble March 19. Contact Jeanne Butler at (225) 634-7155 or email@example.com.
- A rummage sale to benefit the LSU AgCenter/4-H Office in West Feliciana will be March 23-24 at the old 4-H barn on Wilcox Street.
- The Battle of the Siege of Port Hudson is March 24-25 at Port Hudson Historical Site, 236 U.S. 61.
- The 52nd Jackson Assembly Antiques and Art Show is March 23-25 in Jackson.
- Audubon Under the Oaks, sponsored by The Friends of Oakley at Audubon State Historic Site, is April 8. It's $50 a person.
- The spring Angola Prison Rodeo is April 21-22. Tickets are on sale for $20. Visit angolarodeo.com.
- The Louisiana Hills & Hollows Bicycle Tour, sponsored by the Rotary Club of St. Francisville, will be May 26. The event is open to bicyclists of all abilities. Entry is $40 before May 12 and then goes to $50.
- Early bird tickets are on sale for the fifth annual Walker Percy Weekend in St. Francisville on June 1-3. Visit www.walkerpercyweekend.org.