Spring is around the corner
It is already the middle of February, which means the Audubon Pilgrimage and the Jackson Assembly Antique Antiques and Art Show, as well as some other events, are just around the corner.
- A Walk in the Park Craft Show will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 3 in Parker Park, St. Francisville. Craft vendors with locally made items as well as food vendors will be onsite. People wishing to sell should email email@example.com.
- The Audubon Pilgrimage, March 16-18 in St. Francisville, announced on its Facebook page that volunteers wishing to use a costume from the Pilgrimage Costume Closet should make an appointment with Helen Williams at the West Feliciana Historical Society Museum by calling (225) 635-6330. There is a deposit required for use of the costume.
- The 52nd Jackson Assembly Antiques and Art Show is the following weekend, March 23-25 in Jackson. Visitors are invited to browse fine antiques and collectibles assembled by dealers from seven states displayed in two historic buildings salvaged with proceeds from past shows.
- Audubon Under the Oaks, an afternoon of living history at Oakley Plantation with John James Audubon and the Strong Women of Oakley, will be from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. April 8.
- Sponsored by The Friends of Oakley at Audubon State Historic Site, it's $50 a person. Hors-d'oeuvres and an open bar will be available.
- The spring version of the Angola Prison Rodeo is April 21-22. Tickets are on sale for $20. Visit angolarodeo.com to buy tickets, get directions to the prison and read policies about what can and can't be brought to the rodeo.
- The Louisiana Hills & Hollows Bicycle Tour, sponsored by the Rotary Club of St. Francisville, will be 7 a.m. to noon May 26. The event is open to bicyclists of all abilities and will feature several routes. A meal is included. Entry is $40 before May 12 and then goes to $50.
First Pitch meal
The Diamond Backers for West Feliciana High School are holding the third annual First Pitch Dinner at 6 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are a $40 donation and can be purchased at the door. The evening includes a cash bar, silent auction and presentation by West Feliciana High baseball coach Kyle Achord as well as dinner at 7 p.m. Dress is business casual. Contact Kathy Castaneda at (225) 939-2424 for information.
Auction items include artwork, rocking chairs, trip to Florida, tour of the Myrtles, massages, baseball birthday party with cake and high school baseball players, jewelry, wine, helicopter ride, rounds of golf at Copper Mill and The Bluffs, gun, dove hunting trip, smoker and a Cajun cooker.
Family Movie Night featuring "Moana," hosted by The Bluffs, will be at 6:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 16. Families are invited to bring lawn chairs and blankets for the movie. Popcorn, candy, burgers and hot dogs will be on sale. The movie will be shown outside the clubhouse, but if weather is bad, everything moves inside.
Rummage and buy
A rummage sale to benefit the LSU AgCenter/4-H Office in West Feliciana will be from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 23-24 at the old 4-H barn on Wilcox Street. Proceeds will help purchase shelving, chairs and kitchen equipment for the new AgCenter office. Donations of items to sell are sought. No clothing.
The East Feliciana 4-H is sponsoring a public speaking workshop at 10 a.m., Saturday, at The Audubon Regional Library in Clinton. Ashley Ferguson will be the presenter. Call (225) 683-8753 for information.
Feliciana Baptist Church presents The Foto Sisters at its community luncheon at 11:30 a.m., March 1. Lunch is $3 and money will be collected at the door. People are asked to call or text (225) 683-3066 to register. An offering will be collected for the musicians.
Judson Baptist Retreat Center, 10330 Peterson Road in St. Francisville, announced its camp dates for June and July. Visit www.judsonretreat.org to see the list and register.
The East Feliciana Ministers Conference will be at 7 p.m., Monday, at McKowen Baptist Church, 7325 Jones-Connell Road, St. Francisville. The Rev. Burnett King Sr. will give the president's address.
Time for a fish fry
Knights of Columbus Council No. 7856, will hold its Lenten fish fry start Friday at 6 p.m. at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, 11485 Ferdinand St., St. Francisville. Dinners are $9 and include fried or grilled catfish; coleslaw; potato salad or french fries; garlic bread, dessert and a drink.