The Louisiana Small Business Development Center at Southeastern Louisiana University will host a complimentary Louisiana Franchise Expo from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday.
Co-sponsored by FranNet and SCORE, the free seminar will be at the Southeastern St. Tammany Center, 21454 Koop Drive, Mandeville.
Sandy Summers, assistant director of the Southeastern SBDC, said the educational and interactive workshop will teach participants about the franchise business ownership model and the numerous opportunities available in the franchise world. A light lunch will be provided to those who register by Friday.
“Whether you’re in a job transition, a new or veteran entrepreneur, or you’re looking to find a way to gain financial freedom, you will find this expo with the franchisors extremely beneficial to your success,” she said. “The Louisiana Franchise Expo will provide the opportunity for one-on-one guidance and introductions to the top franchises and advisers in your area.”
Summers said topics will include:
- money sources available for startup and financing
- benefits of franchise systems
- finding the right franchise to meet business goals and budgets
- whether franchisees can keep their current job and own a “semi-absentee” franchise business
- best franchise opportunities for the north shore at all investment levels