Teaching children how to be safe around water is not a luxury; it is a necessity, says officials with the YMCA of the Capital Area.
In celebration of water safety month, May, the YMCA of the Capital Area is offering free swim safety classes.
Join the Y for a free swim safety class at any of the following locations:
- A.C. Lewis YMCA, 350 S. Foster Drive, (225) 924-3606
- MAY 12: 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- MAY 23: 10:30 a.m. to noon.
- Paula G. Manship YMCA, 8100 YMCA Plaza Drive,(225) 767-9622.
- MAY 9, 16, 23, 30: 9 a.m. for ages 3-5 and 9:30 a.m. for ages 6-12.
- ExxonMobil YMCA, 7717 Howell Blvd.,
- (225) 906-5424
- MAY 8: 5 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. for ages 3–5 and 5:45 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. for ages 6-12.
Call the Y to register to attend the free water safety classes.
For more information, visit ymcabr.org/aquatics or call Kristen Hogan, marketing director, YMCA of the Capital Area, at (225) 923-0653, extension 1104.