- TOPS CHAPTER LA. 0312: 10 a.m., South Baton Rouge Church of Christ, 8725 Jefferson Highway.
- SATURDAY BEADING SOCIAL: 11 a.m., Cajun Bead Crafts, 4733 Jones Creek Road, Suite H. No formal instruction. Seating is limited.
- BOOK SIGNING: 11 a.m., Barnes & Noble, Perkins Rowe, 7707 Bluebonnet Blvd. Douglas Villien will be signing copies of his new book, “Forgotten Baton Rouge.”
- DULCIMER CLASS BEYOND BEGINNER: 6 p.m., Community Bible Church, 8354 Jefferson Highway. For those who have had a Mountain Dulcimer beginner class or who played in the past and want to brush up on some of the old favorites. It is being taught by the Lagniappe Dulcimer Society. Call Pat Murphy at (225) 926-4139 or Helen Bankston at (225) 753-7917.
- DULCIMER CLASS BEGINNER: 6:30 p.m., Community Bible Church, 8354 Jefferson Highway. This class will take one from the basic knowledge of how the mountain dulcimer works through several simple mountain fiddle tunes. It is sponsored by the Lagnaippe Dulcimer Society. Loaner dulcimers will be available for use. Call Bonnie Guelfo at (225) 343-9797 or Helen Bankston at (225) 753-7917.
- BASIC BEADING CLASS: 6 p.m., Cajun Bead Crafts, 4733 Jones Creek Road, Suite H. Free instruction, just buy the beads and materials needed. RSVP (225) 223-6573.
- WOMEN OF DISTINCTION: Noon, Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, 7000 Bluebonnet Blvd. All proceeds support the Girl Scout Leadership Experience in southeast Louisiana.
- GRIEF SUPPORT: 2 p.m., Cardinal Hospice, 8280 YMCA Plaza 3A. Free. Cardinal Hospice will host a grief support group at the main office. This event is open to the general public. Cardinal Hospice is looking for volunteers to help in the office or in the field visiting with our patients.