The following people were sentenced in proceedings held in 21st Judicial District Court in St. Helena Parish.
Judge Jeff Johnson issued the following sentences on Feb. 16:
- ROSADO, DUSTIN: sentenced to a six-month suspended sentence and two years probation on the charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- SHROPSHIRE, ANGELA: sentenced to a 90-day suspended sentence and a one year bench probation and parenting classes on the charge of child desertion.
- STANN, THOMAS: sentenced to three years with the Department of Corrections and one year with no benefit of probation or parole on the charge of third offense driving a vehicle while intoxicated.
- TILLERY, THURSTON: sentenced to 15 years suspended to five years probation on the charges of introduction of contraband into a penal institution and possession of a firearm by convicted felon.
- WHEELER, TYLER: sentenced to two years to the Department of Corrections on the charge of possession of schedule II narcotics.
- WOMACK, KENNETH: sentenced to seven years to the Department of Corrections on the charges of possession with intent to distribute schedule I narcotics and possession of drug paraphernalia.