The following people were sentenced in proceedings held in 21st Judicial District Court in St. Helena Parish.
Judge Brenda Ricks issued the following sentences on Nov. 21:
- DOUGHTY, JOSHUA: Six months, suspended to one year probation on charges of driving under suspension, resisting an officer.
- HOOKFIN, MARTHA: $100 plus court costs on charges of disturbing the peace.
- JONES, KELLY LYNN: Forty years, suspended all but 15 years to serve at Department of Corrections.
- MATTHEWS, JONATHON PAUL: Ten years Department of Corrections on charges of simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling.
- SELF, RANDY: Six months, suspended to one year probation on charges of simple battery.
- SIBLEY, JOHN: Six months parish time on charges of speeding, hit-and-run, flight from an officer.
- SYKES, HAROLD: Six months parish time on charges of simple burglary.