Halloween will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 31 in Zachary. The following calendar of events will keep your little and not-so-little ghosts and goblins busy during Halloween week. Events are for children, teens and families in and around Zachary.
- SPOOKY GHOST STORY CRAFT: 4 p.m. Oct. 23 at the Baker Branch Library, 3501 Groom Road. Children ages 9-11 will read horror stories from “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark” retold by Alvin Schwartz and make their spooky ghosts to hang using poster boards and other materials. Space is limited; register by calling (225) 778-5960.
- A TRICK-OR-TREAT NIGHT: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday at Honey’s Love, 4538 Lee St. Games, concessions and sales on merchandise will be featured. Costumes are encouraged. Call (225) 354-5520.
- PORT HUDSON GHOST STORIES: 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Oct. 25 at Port Hudson Historic Site, 236 U.S. 61, in Zachary/Port Hudson. A site ranger will share a cauldron of ghostly tales associated with the Port Hudson battlefield. Call (225) 654-3775.
- PAINT YOUR PUMPKIN DAY: 9 a.m. to noon Oct. 25 at the Baker Heritage Museum, 1606 Main St. Residents are encouraged to donate a few small pumpkins to this children’s activity. Contact museum director Jean Byers at email@example.com for information.
- GHOST BUDDY MAKE TAKE CRAFTS: All day Oct. 27-29 at the Central Branch Library, 11260 Joor Road. While supplies last, children ages 4 to 8 are invited to make ghost buddies to celebrate the Halloween season. Call the Central Library at (225) 262-2660.
- TEEN MOVIE DAY: 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Oct. 28 at the Baker Branch Library in the meeting room, 3501 Groom Road. Join your friends for a Halloween scarefest. This event is for young adults and teens only. Contact Angela Lockett at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (225) 778-5960 for information.
- LEAF CREATURES STORY & CRAFT: 4 p.m. Oct. 30 at the Zachary Branch Library, 1900 Church St. Come to the Zachary Children’s Room and listen to “The Leaf Man” by Lois Ehlert and talk about autumn and collecting leaves. Children will create crazy or scary leaf creatures made from real or die-cut leaves. For ages 5 and up. Registration is required. Call (225) 658-1860.
- FALL FESTIVAL: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 31 at First Baptist Church of Zachary’s Family Life Center, 4200 Main St. Admission is one bag of candy, but no one will be turned away. Youth through sixth-grade and their families are invited to drop by for face painting, hay rides, snacks and candy. Costumes are encouraged, but nothing too scary. To donate candy, volunteer or for information, call the church office at (225) 654-2755.
- A TREAT OR TRUNK EVENT: 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 31 at 360 Christian Center, 5850 Main St., in Zachary. All are welcome. This Treat or Trunk event with family and friends will feature different trunks, each having their own theme or game with candy. This event is an alternative to traditional trick or treating. There will be food and giveaways. Call Angela at (225) 301-7000 for information.
Let us publish your fall, festival and harvest events. Email Stacy Gill at email@example.com by 3 p.m. Thursday.